Corporate and Commercial Law
Our Corporate & Commercial Department team believes in strategic, practical and commercially focused solution. We have a strong team of corporate lawyers who are dedicated to ensure the delivery of high quality execution of services at competitive fees. We understand the importance of learning clients’ business and industry culture and we take a pragmatic approach to clients’ needs.
We offer a full range of corporate and commercial services including:-
• Mergers and acquisitions
• Loan & finance
• Corporate finance and listed company compliance
• Securities, futures, structured products and derivatives
• Investment funds and asset management
• corporate restructuring
Conveyancing and Property
In the last 8 years or so Kenya’s real estate sector has experienced a boom; our firm’s Conveyancing & Property Practice has rapidly grown with it.We handle a substantial amount of conveyancing and property transactions purchases, transfers and leases. The firm also advises numerous banks on securitization and prepares security documentation including mortgages, charges, debentures, chattels mortgages and other agreements.
The firm advises companies and lenders in relation to matters in the aviation sector. Advisory work for our clients ranges from acquisition to leasing as well as cross-border matters. We have advised on several contentious and non-contentious matters in the aviation sector, including claims related to airplane accidents and aircraft financing, pledges and leases, as well as general corporate matters for airlines.
The firm has evolved its practice to need the growing demand for legal advice in tax structuring, stamp duty planning and the resolution of tax disputes. Our tax practice straddles both the commercial and dispute resolution arms of the firm.
Our tax planning and stamp duty structuring advice is common in the case of M&A and property development deals, while our dispute resolution work typically centers around the conflict areas between local and EAC tax provisions.
In this capacity, we are happy to work with a client’s tax and audit firm’s to achieve the desired solution.
The protection of dynamic business assets requires the use and application of intellectual property law. Our intellectual property team integrates IP specialists with litigation lawyers in the region to offer seamless and pragmatic advice and solutions.
We are well regarded and offer a unified and multi-jurisdictional service in the following areas:
• Confidentiality / trade secrets
• Trademarks and Trademark infringement
• Design protection
• IT, technology and communications
• Passing off
• Industrial Designs
• Plant breeders rights
Family and matrimonial law
Family and matrimonial disputes create considerable stress for clients. Our experienced professionals in this department always bear in mind clients’ need and fight for their interest in a way that minimizes such stress. This department deals with all legal issues arising from family disputes. Services provided include:-
• Nullity of marriage
• Separation and preparation of separation deed / judicial separation / separation order
• Application for ancillary relief
• Application for custody / guardianship / wardship / adoption for legitimate or illegitimate children
• Injunction against abduction of children
• Domestic violence injunction
• Declaration of status of marriage
• Registration of customary and modern marriages
• Enforcement proceedings
• Management of assets for mentally incapable grown up “children” or elderly relatives
• Other proceeding
The office of notary public is well trusted and respected by governments, organizations and individuals involved in international transactions all over the globe. One of our partners in our office, Anthony Milimu Lubulellah, holds the office of notary public. They would be glad to render notarial services including, without limitations, the following services:-
• The preparation of formal notarial certificates
• The attesting of signatures to various documents
• The attesting of signatures to powers of attorney
• The certification of true copy of various documents
• The certification of information in various public registries
• The arrangement of documents for apostle by courts
• The arrangement of documents for legalization by consulates
• The taking of affidavits, affirmations and statutory declarations
•any other notarial acts